Monday, March 12, 2012

Using Cool Tools #6

Finally I get a chance to try out Ping.  Every time I'm logged in at iTunes, Ping shows up on the side.  This assignment gave me an opportunity to see what it was.  I linked it to every social site that I've got an account at!  My e-mail will be overflowing.

Readability is a wonderful addition.  There are so many news sites with many ads floating around the sides or videos that annoyingly start playing right in the middle of reading.  This will hopefully cut down on much of that nonsense.  I'd like to see them add other eReaders to their list besides the Kindle.

Unfortunately both of these tools aren't accessible at school.  Yes, we can get to them, but signing up and actually using them had to be completed  here at home.  Readability is a download which is a no-no on a server.

 I will put these out to the faculty to try at home and as I have conversations with some of the students I'll mention that they may want to try these on their personal electronics.

No comments:

Post a Comment